Are You Drinking Enough?
This month we will be looking at why keeping hydrated is extremely important to your all-round health.
Do YOU drink enough water?
Do YOU feel sluggish, tired, not alert etc.? These are all things that come with poor hydration.
Here are a few bullet points for you to read, digest and hopefully put into practice to keep you in top form.
- 60-70% of your body is water
- Most can survive 21 days without food but only 2 – 5 days without water
- Essential for physical and mental performance
- Brain weighs 2% of your body
- Brain is made of 75% water
- We lose around 700ml water per day due to breathing
- Around 1400ml from going to the toilet.
- This is why it’s important to keep hydrated
- With poor hydration causes brain fog, sluggishness, dizzy, headaches, mood swings, tiredness, lack of concentration.
- 5% loss in fluid is classed as dehydrated.
- If your thirsty your more than likely dehydrated
- Exercise is important for our all-round health
- And sweating aids in weight loss
- Muscles draw in water for repair and that’s why you sometimes weigh more after exercise
- Aim to drink 200-400ml per hour
- Adding a pinch of salt helps the body hold onto water during exercise
- Alcohol lowers our inhibitions and causes consequences- over eating, loss of control etc.
- Your body will always burn off the alcohol calories first rather than food
- Alcohol has 7kcal per gram, carbs 4kcal, fat 9kcal and protein 4kcal
- Try to limit alcohol intake to 1-2 days per week and 2 drinks per session ideally
- Good hydration helps , mood, skin, digestion, alertness and so much more
Lots of great information here that is easy to put into practice for you, family and friends.
Read Carls Page on welovebse.com
LIKE our Facebook Page Carl Parnell Nutrition Fitness
FOLLOW us on Twitter Carl Parnell Fitness
LOVE us on Instagram Carl Parnell Nutrition Fitness
EMAIL Carl on Carl Parnell Nutrition Fitness
Food For Thought.
Enjoy The Great Outdoors
My Transformation Journey